Welcome to DanceAbel Ballroom Studio!
Starting your journey into dancing is an exciting and wonderful experience that we are happy to share with you.
The welcoming staff at DABS is committed to making sure that each dancer that waltzes through the door,finds a life long passion of dancing. You will feel empowered to start dancing at anytime, to any song anywhere. Our goal is to create a more positive and uplifting place for
dancers to feel like they truly found a home on the dance floor.
Dancing is a beautiful endeavor that take patience, practice and time to master. This guide, along with your instructor is here to help you with your continuous success.
Office hours are Monday- Thursday from 10am-3pm.
Studio is closed on all day on Fridays and Saturdays we are closed starting at 2pm for the weekend. If you contact the studio during teaching hours or when we are closed, we will return your call by the next business day.
Preparing for your dance lessons:
Attire: We are a relaxed atmosphere. Please wear clothing that makes you feel comfortable and gorgeous while dancing The following articles of clothing are not permitted:
*Clothing with inappropriate holes
*flip flops or shoes that are not secure to your foot
*Cowboy Boots, Work Boots
*Shoes with a Spiked heel
Business Casual attire is preferable for dance parties.
Investing in a pair of dance shoes will aid you on the floor. They prevent knee injuries and allow your feet to slide and create support for your foot. DanceAbel Ballroom Studio has many varieties and options for your dance wear. Please see your instructor for more details.
Arriving at the studio:
We ask all dancers to arrive 10-15 minutes before their schedule lesson or class. This allows you to have time to change shoes, use the restroom, and socialize with your friends. Please check in at the front desk and sign the sign in sheet.
After you class or lesson:
Before you leave for the night, make sure that you are signing up for your next lesson or class. This helps keep all your classes accounted for, and allows our instructors to plan and prepare for your class, too. DanceAbel Ballroom Studio is not responsible for missing or lost items left in the dance studio.
Scheduling or booking a class
All private lessons are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis and your account must be in good standing. Private lessons are scheduled on Mondays from 6-9pm, Thursdays, 6-9pm and Saturdays from 10am-3pm
Private lessons are 45 minutes in length with 5 minutes reserved for questions and scheduling.
Group Class will not be taught as private lessons. A minimum of four people must be present in order for class to begin.
All Lessons, Classes and Workshops dancers must be pre registered. #3 Easy ways to register for class. Online at www.danceabel.com email email@example.com or by phone 330-868-2180
What we expect of our students:
- Arrive on time and be ready to go for class
- To have a positive and encouraging behavior
- Make sure that you are scheduled for your classes
- To follow all studio policies and guidelines, includes the 24 hour cancellation policy
- To help nurture and encourage new dancers.
- To try their best in every class
- To try something new
- To give yourself time to learn that something new
- Don’t be hard on yourself when learning something new
- Come to parties, and other studio events- squeeze fun into every moment
- Communicate with your instructor
- Always keep learning
- Leave your ego or your bad day at the door
- Be Consistent in your classes
Age Group Policy:
Teens- children who are currently enrolled in grades 6-12 only. They can participate in classes that are specifically designed for our teens.
Adults- ages 19- 99 - can only participate in adult dance classes.
*College age dance students are considered adults and must participate in Adult Dance Classes and activities.
We highly encourage parents to dance with their children during teen classes.
Option 1: Pay in full
Private lessons are Paid in full at the time of registration for a certain number of classes
You can choose: 6 Lessons, 10, Lessons, 15 Lessons or 20 Lessons
Option 2: Pay as you go
Tuition is due at the time of your lesson. You can always pre- pay for your next lesson.
Wedding Dance Lessons:
Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. The packages are a flat fee and includes choreography. Music enhancements will be an additional charge of $125.
Payment is due on the first class of the series class or if you are dropping in. See studio membership for more savings.
Choose of a variety of options that fit your schedule and your budget. All tuition is due upon taking the class. Passes are available and are valid for 90 days after the purchase
Grants you an all access pass to ballroom group classes and dance fitness packages for one low price. It requires a 3 month commitment from the dancer, and is paid monthly on your enrollment date.
Cash, Check, All major credit cards are accepted.
Autopay services are available and a form must be completed to enroll.
$35.00 service fee for all returned checks. No refunds on gift cards or wedding dance packages. No refund on any package after taking 20% of lessons on the packages. All refunds are subject to a 15% cancel fee. All services are non transferrable.
Private Lessons- 1 year from the time you purchased
Group Class Pass- 90 Days from Purchase Date
Fitness Studio membership 6 months from the time your purchase.
Expirations dates are for you to hold yourself accountable and come to class. You have some amazing goals that you want to meet: like losing weight, exercise, to feel good about yourself, to spend time with your partner or a friend. By being consistent in your classes, you will see those changes in your life.
All dancers must allow a 24 hour for class cancellations. If the allotted time is not given, you will be charged for a full dance lesson or class. In case of bad weather, the studio will close. All private lessons will be rescheduled. Group Classes and Dance Fitness will be rescheduled at the Director's discretion.
There is no REFUND on any package after taking 20% of the lessons in the package or dance fitness pass.
All refunds are subject to a 15% cancelation fee. If paying with credit cards, we will charge a 5% processing fee.
No refund on Gift Certificates. No refund on wedding packages.
If you choose not to continue your dance journey, You must fill out a drop form within 30 days of your next scheduled payment.
Students are responsible for shipping cost in regards to shoes. A restocking fee of 15% may be incurred for custom shoes.
Social Media Policy:Use of FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, blogging, and other online social media is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide DanceAbel students with guidelines to eliminate any confusion concerning the use of social media.
- You do not have permission to reveal any information that compromises DanceAbel Ballroom Studio. By that, we mean you are forbidden to share personal information about the director, other students or their families, or anything that is proprietary and/or confidential to them.
- Students should neither claim nor imply that they are speaking on behalf of DanceAbel Ballroom Studio
- Never post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of our students.
- Respect the law, including those laws governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, and copyright and fair use. Parents and students should never post negative comments about other schools or teachers. Also, please do not post negative comments about school activities such as competitions, conventions, and performances, or about the directors of those events.
- For the personal safety of our current teaching staff, administrative team members, guest instructors,or event staff and their families, No student is allowed to “friend” or follow any staff member’s personal page.
- Students can contact staff members through the studio phone at 330-868-2180, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Also feel free to contact us through the DanceAbel facebook page.
- Social Media is a great outlet for supporting our studio so make sure to continually post photos and positive comment from all dance experiences.
- If you choose to post videos of routines, please only post clips of the routine. Do not post the routine in it’s entirety. This leaves us open to having our choreography stolen by competing studios.
- DanceAbel Ballroom Studio reserves the right to dismiss or discharge any student who is found breaking the social media policy, posting threats to other students, studios or events. Any threat that the owner feels is serious will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities. .
What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.